Slow it Down Beef Barley Soup
Slow things down and enjoy the savory, comforting flavors of delicious soup recipes. No matter what time of the season you can't beat a comforting bowl of soup. So try this Slow it Down Beef Barley Soup for dinner tonight.
Follow along and learn step by step how to make this soup:
Cooking Time3 hr 15 min
Cooking MethodSlow Cooker
- 1 cup of barley, soaked in 3 cups of water overnight
- 1 pound extra lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1/2 cup baby carrots, chopped
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 chicken bouillon stock cube
- 1 can (28-ounce) tomatoes crushed or whole
- 1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons no salt seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup water
- salt and pepper to taste
Place all the ingredients except of barley in slow cooker. Add the water from barley as well. Mix well all the ingredients together.
Set it on high setting for 3 hours.
After 3 hours add barley and let it cook for about 15 minutes more, then unplug and serve!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
More from "Slow Cooker Soup Recipes"
Slow Cooker Soup Recipes
Find the best crockpot soup recipes including crockpot chicken soup recipes, crockpot chili recipes and crockpot vegetable soup recipes. Make one of these crock pot soup recipes for an easy, tasty meal today.