Israeli Wheat Berry Stew for the slow cooker
Try this unique wheat berry stew for an easy family dinner. Wheat berry refers to the entire wheat kernel and wheat berries are often added to salads or breads for an extra crunchy texture.
Cooking MethodSlow Cooker
- 5 cups marinara sauce
- 2 green peppers
- 1 1/2 cup Great Northern beans
- 1 cup wheat berries
- 6 small potatoes, cut in half
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 4 clove garlic, minced
- 5 teaspoons cumin, ground
- 3 teaspoons tumeric
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, ground
1. Mix together all ingredients in Crock-Pot. Fill with water until other ingredients are covered.
2. Cook at high 8 to 10 hours.