Slow Cooker Potato Bacon Chowder
Simply mix the ingredients in the slow cooker and let it do the work for you. Slow Cooker Bacon Potato Chowder is a hearty soup recipe made with bacon, potatoes and Cheddar cheese. Easy to make, it's great when you need to make dinner, but don't have time to spend working away in the kitchen. Sprinkle with fresh chopped chives, and it tastes just like a fully loaded baked potato.
Serves10 (about 1 1/2 cups each)
Preparation Time15 min
Cooking Time3 hr
Cooking MethodSlow Cooker
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 large onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 4 cans (10.75-ounces each) Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Potato Soup
- 4 soup cans milk
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 large potatoes (about 1 pound), peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces (about 3 cups)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh chives
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese (about 8 ounces)
Stir the bacon, onion, soup, milk, black pepper, potatoes and 1/4 cup chives in a 6-quart slow cooker.
Cover and cook on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours or until the potatoes are tender.
Add the cheese and stir until the cheese is melted. Sprinkle with the remaining chives.