Slow Cooker Chicken Pozole Blanco
Slow Cooker Chicken Pozole Blanco is a great soup for casual entertaining. Put garnishes in small individual bowls and let guests embellish the soup to their choosing. Homemade soup recipes don't come as good as this one.
Additional heart healthy meal suggestions can be found at www.Mazola.com. Corn oil contains the highest amount of naturally occurring plant sterols per serving compared to any other cooking oil. Corn oil, such as Mazola, contains four times as many plant sterols as olive oil and 40 percent more than canola oil. Switching to corn oil whenever you use cooking oil is a great way to add plant sterols to your diet.
Preparation Time20 min
Cooking Time6 hr
Cooking MethodSlow Cooker
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs, cut into 1 inch to 2 inch cubes
- 1/4 cup Mazola corn oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 small jalapeno of serrano pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons Mazole chicken flavor bouillon
- 2 quarts water
- 1 can (28-ounces) white or yello hominy, drained
- 2 teaspoons Spice Island's oregano
- 1 Spice Island's bay leaf
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- Pat chicken dry with paper towels and season with salt and pepper, if desired. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and brown lightly, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer chicken to 6-quart slow cooker.
- Reduce heat to medium and add onions to skillet. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until onions begin to soften.
- Stir in garlic, minced chile and bouillon powder; continue cooking 1 minute.
- Pour in 1 cup water and stir well. Remove from heat and pour into slow cooker. Add remaining water, hominy, oregano, bay leaf and lime juice.
- Cover and heat for 4 to 6 hours on LOW or 3 to 4 hours on HIGH.
- The soup is ready when the chicken is tender and can be easily pulled apart. Shred chicken using two forks to pull apart.
- Ladle soup into bowls and let guests garnish the soup as desired.
- Garnish with lime wedges, diced avocado, cilantro, radish slices, finely shredded cabbage, minced chiles,fried corn tortilla srips or tostadas, sour cream and crumbled or shredded Mexican cheese.
Read NextSlow Cooker Crab Soup