Slow Cooker Fall Harvest Pork Stew
It's hard to resist all of the tempting flavors in this Slow Cooker Fall Harvest Pork Stew. From butternut squash to apples to parsnips, there's a ton of depth in this comforting stew from Campbell's Kitchen. This is one of those easy soup recipes you'll come back to every autumn.
Time-Saving Tip: This recipe may also be cooked on HIGH for 4 to 5 hours.
For thicker gravy, stir 1/4 cup all-purpose flour and 1/2 cup water in a small bowl until the mixture is smooth. Stir the flour mixture in the cooker. Cover and cook on HIGH for 10 minutes or until the mixture boils and thickens.
For more slow cooker dishes like this one, visit our collection of Campbell's Kitchen recipes here.
Serves8 (about 1 cup each)
Preparation Time20 min
Cooking Time7 hr
Cooking MethodSlow Cooker
- 2 pounds boneless pork shoulder, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Campbell's® Condensed French Onion Soup
- 1/2 cup apple cider or apple juice
- 3 large Granny Smith apples, cut into thick slices (about 3 cups)
- 3 cups butternut squash peeled, seeded and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 medium parsnips, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves, crushed
Stir the pork, soup, cider, apples, squash, parsnips and thyme in a 6-quart slow cooker.
Cover and cook on LOW for 7 to 8 hours or until the pork is fork-tender.