Slow Cooker Crab Soup
This creamy crab soup makes a great meal. This recipe is fantastic and will impress guests at a dinner party. If you're up for a splurge, include jumbo lump crab meat. You won't regret it.
NotesYou may also add shrimp to this soup for variation.
Cooking MethodSlow Cooker
- 2 cups crab meat, flaked and picked
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 lemon peel strips
- 1/2 teaspoon mace, ground
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons sherry (optional)
- 1/2 cup crackers
- Combine all ingredients except sherry and crushed crackers in slow cooker, stir well.
- Cover and cook on low setting for 3 to 5 hours.
- Just before serving, stir in sherry and crumbs to thicken. Makes about 2 quarts.