Angel Biscuits No Rising Necessary
For light, fluffy and delicious biscuits, these angel biscuits can't be beat. The dough is easy to make and even keeps well refrigerated for about a week, so you can prepare one day and bake on another. Easy peasy!
Cooking Time12 min
- 1 cake yeast
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons lukewarm water
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 5 cups plain flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup shortening
- 2 cups buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Dissolve yeast in water.
- Into a bowl, sift flour with other dry ingredients.
- Cut in shortening, add buttermilk, then add yeast mixture.
- Stir until all flour is dampened.
- Knead on floured board a minute, roll to desired thickness, and cut with a biscuit cutter.
- Bake at 400 degrees F about 12 minutes.
Read NextEnglish Toffee Scones