Hobbit Beef Pie
Are you a geek for Lord of The Rings? Then you are going to freak out over this delicious Hobbit Pie. It's loaded with ingredients that a Hobbit would surely like to get his hands on, and maybe even Gollum too. One of the best savory pie recipes we've seen, it is fit for kings. This is one casserole recipe to rule them all. Enjoy!
Cooking Time45 min
- 2 small onions, chopped
- 8 scallions, chopped
- 2 green peppers, chopped
- 1 pound mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup croutons
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 1/8 teaspoon dill
- 1/8 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 teaspoon parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- juice of 1 1/2 lemons
- 1 pound ground beef
- Brown ground beef. Drain grease and set aside.
- Saute onions, scallions, peppers, and mushrooms in vegetable oil.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix rice, 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese, croutons, ground beef and lemon juice.
- Spread mixture in 9 x 13 inch baking pan. Mix eggs, milk and seasonings and pour over vegetables.
- Bake for 45 min.
- Top with 1/2 pound of grated cheddar cheese and 3 tablespoons of grated Parmesan cheese. Broil until bubbly.
Read NextSausage Rolls (Australian Style)