This recipe was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
Easy Homemade Barbecue Sauce
"Has this ever happened to you? You defrost something that you want to slather with barbecue sauce, confident that you have barbecue sauce in your refrigerator or pantry, only to find out you don't when it's time to fix dinner? What do you do? You make Easy Homemade Barbecue Sauce! This DIY BBQ recipe is ketchup based with several spices and 2 surprise ingredients. All these flavors meld together to make the best BBQ sauce for ribs, chicken, and other grill favorites."
Preparation Time2 min
Cooking Time8 min
Cooking Vessel SizeSaucepan
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons dried sliced onions
- 1 teaspoon steak seasoning
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
In saucepan, heat olive oil over medium low heat.