Pico de Gallo with Watermelon
This delicious and fruit-filled salsa recipe is perfect for a summer fiesta. As a recipe containing watermelon, this pico de gallo with watermelon is sweet, spicy, and satisfying in every way! You'll love it!
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup lime juice, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 2 large cucumbers
- 1 seedless orange
- 1 mango
- 1 tart apple
- 1 cup chopped, seeded watermelon or cantaloupe
- 1 medium jicama, peeled and chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, garlic, onion, lime juice and salt. Let stand for 20 minutes.
- Peel and seed the cucumbers. Peel the orange and mango.
- Peel and core the apples. Seed the watermelon. Cut all the fruit and the cucumber into bite-size chunks.
- Peel and cut the jicama into bite-size chunks. Dice the green pepper. Place all of these in a large salad bowl.
- Toss with the chili powder. Add the olive oil/lime juice mixture and toss to combine thoroughly.
- Serve chilled.
Read NextHomemade Pico de Gallo Recipe