Nancy Olins Black Bean and Corn Salsa
I don't know Nancy, never met her. But, I'll tell you what, I love Nancy Olin's Black Bean and Corn Salsa. This fresh salsa recipe is made with the finest ingredients and seasoned with a hint of lime and cilantro for that flavor you love. Dip away!
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- pinch cayenne pepper
- 4 ears of fresh corn, kernels cut off the cob
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 can (15.5-ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup scallions, minced
- 1 juice of lime
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- Place a medium-size skillet over medium heat and, when it is hot, add 2 tablespoons of the olive oil, the garlic, cumin, chili powder, and cayenne and cook for 1 minute. Add the corn and water, cover, and cook until the corn is tender, about 3 minutes.
- Off the heat, add the beans, scallions, lime juice, and remaining 3 tablespoons oil, season with salt and black pepper, and stir well to combine. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours and up to overnight to let the flavors develop.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and serve garnished with chopped scallions.
Read NextHomemade Pico de Gallo Recipe