Green Tomato Salsa
Use fresh, green tomatoes to create a colorful salsa with red bell pepper and a touch of spice. Have with tortilla chips as a snack or compliment a meal.
- 3 green tomatoes, chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup parsley leaves, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 1/2 sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Place the green tomatoes, jalapeno peppers, garlic, cilantro and parsley in a food processor or blender. Blend to a coarse puree. Add bell pepper, lime juice, sugar and salt. Blend until well blended. If using immediately add a tablespoon of water if the salsa seems too thick. If refrigerating until ready to use, do not add water. The vegetables will give off liquid as the salsa sits. Makes about 1 1/2 cups.