Fresh and Zippy Tomato Salsa
Use plump tomatoes, especially if you have some from your own garden, for a delicious salsa recipe with lime, cilantro and a touch of spice. Enjoy as a snack or use to complete a meal.
- 4 large ripe plum tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 minced jalapeno pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- freshly ground pepper
- Cut the tomatoes in half lengthwise and remove the seeds.
- Cut the halves into 1/4 inch dice and place in a medium bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the bowl.
- Let sit, loosely covered, at room temperature for the flavors to blend.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate and serve within 4 hours.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
More from "Salsa"
Spice up the classic chips and salsa combo by making home made salsa. Using a salsa recipe, be it for salsa verde, tomato salsa, mango salsa or corn salsa, you'll learn how to make great salsa. It'll be the best salsa you've ever tasted.
There are no records