Fresh and Zippy Tomato Salsa
Use plump tomatoes, especially if you have some from your own garden, for a delicious salsa recipe with lime, cilantro and a touch of spice. Enjoy as a snack or use to complete a meal.
- 4 large ripe plum tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 minced jalapeno pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- freshly ground pepper
- Cut the tomatoes in half lengthwise and remove the seeds.
- Cut the halves into 1/4 inch dice and place in a medium bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the bowl.
- Let sit, loosely covered, at room temperature for the flavors to blend.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate and serve within 4 hours.
Read NextChunky Cowboy-Style Salsa
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Join our community of 5 million cooks!
- Get free recipes, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use
Thank You for Signing Up!
There was an issue signing you up. Please check your email address, and try again.