11 Copycat Recipes for Baking Ingredients: Recipes for Homemade Bisquick & More
Southern Layered Cornbread Salad
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
"A simple Layered Cornbread Salad comes together in just 20 minutes, creating a show-stopping potluck dish that only looks like you spent hours in the kitchen. The decadent combination of sweet cornbread, crispy bacon, and sharp cheddar cheese is paired with fresh, crisp veggies for a salad that will add a touch of Southern twang to your next meal! You can think of this Layered Cornbread Salad as a Southern version of Italy’s Panzanella. For those of you who are not familiar with Panzanella, it’s a traditionally Tuscan salad that combines chunks of stale bread and tomatoes, tossed with olive oil, vinegar, and often onion and basil. For my own twist, I’m using chunks of cornbread (duh!), plus plenty of tomatoes, onions, bacon, cheese, and a simple creamy dressing. While you can certainly just toss all of the ingredients together in a bowl, the strategic layers allow you to prepare this salad in advance without fear of the lettuce getting soggy! Plus, I love how the distinct rows make the dish look bright and “fancy.” In reality, it’s not fancy at all! So simple, so quick to prepare, and so full of flavor!"
Preparation Time20 min
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 12 of Our Best Anytime Soup Recipes
- 14 Restaurant-Style Country Recipes eCookbook
- 17 Effortless Recipes With Cake Mix
- 22 Valentines Day Dessert Recipes eCookbook
- 24 Must-Have Meatloaf Recipes
- 25 Stupidly Easy Recipes for Fall
- 28 Simple Slow Cooker Suppers
- 30 Minute Recipes: 21 Quick & Easy Meals - Free eCookbook
- 38 Best Soup and Hearty Stews Recipes
- Chicken for Dinner: 24 Easy Peasy Simple Chicken Recipes
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- "No Bake Recipes: 21 Fuss-Free Easy Desserts" eCookbook
- Peach Sweet Tea
- Easy 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Fudge
- Teriyaki Pineapple Pork Tenderloin Sliders
- Breakfast Crescent Ring with Sausage & Egg
- Homemade Schezwan Sauce
- Easy Pizza Sauce Recipe
- Orange Creamsicle Mimosa
- Traegar Grilled Chicken Sandwich
- Trail Mix Rice Crispy Treats