Mediterranean Layered Salad
This quick and easy Mediterranean Layered Salad recipe will bring the taste of Europe to your table. Perfect for a quick lunch or a light dinner, this dish is bursting with flavor. Salty feta cheese complements crunchy red onions while the cool cucumber yogurt dressing covers the whole salad with creamy goodness. A layer of chicken provides filling protein, and couscous adds whole grain heartiness to this mediterranean salad. Finish off this delicious meal with some pita chips, and you will have a new go-to salad when you're in the mood for something healthy and fun.
- Romaine Lettuce, washed, drained and chopped
- 1 can black olives, drained
- 1 jar banana peppers, drained
- 1 red onion, peeled and sliced into rings
- 1 block feta cheese, cut or crumbled
- 1 1/2 cup cooked chicken, cooled and cut into chunks
- 1 package garlic couscous, cooked according to the package and cooled
- 2 cups thick greek yogurt
- juice from 1 lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 burpless cucumber, peeled and washed
Prepare the ingredients as listed.
Mix the greek yogurt, lemon juice, salt and pepper, and cucumber in a food processor until well blended.
Layer ingredients. One layer for each: Lettuce, Red Onions, Chicken, Yogurt mixture, Banana Peppers, Couscous, Olives, Feta Cheese.