Red Lobster Clam Chowder Copycat Recipe
Classic Red Lobster clam chowder comes to your home kitchen with this copycat recipe. This is perfect for beating the winter blues!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup diced leeks
- 1/4 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 quart milk
- 1 cup clams in juice
- 1 cup diced potatoes
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon dry thyme
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- In a soup pot, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion, celery, leeks and garlic. Saute for 3 minutes, mixing often. Remove from heat and add flour, mixing well. Add milk and whisk vigorously.
- Drain clams and add juice to soup. Slowly bring to a boil, mixing often. Reduce heat to a simmer.
- Add potatoes and seasonings; simmer 10 minutes.
- Add clams and simmer 5-8 minutes.
- Finish with heavy cream. Serve.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Sep 13, 2010
Question: Step 5 says to "Finish with heavy cream". Not sure what that means. Do I stir the cream in until blended? I'm guessing that's it but not sure.
Jun 28, 2010
If it is used as a meal-starter, it should yield 4 servings.
Jun 25, 2010
How many servings is this recipe?
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Join our community of 5 million cooks!
- Get free recipes, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use