McDonald's Copycat Bic Mac
Love the flavor of McDonald's Big Mac but don't feel like heading out to the restaurant? No problem! Make this copycat version at home. Leave out the pickles and add a slice of tomato instead, and a slice of onion for extra oomph!
- 1 plain hamburger bun
- 1/3 pound ground beef
- 1 dash salt
- 1 tablespoon Kraft Thousand Island dressing
- 1 tomato slice
- 1 large lettuce leaf
- 4 slices American cheese
- 1 whole onion slice (sliced thin)
- Preheat a frying pan over medium heat.
- Lightly toast both halves of the hamburger bun, face down in the pan. Set aside.
- Separate the beef into two even portions, and form each half into a thin patty slightly larger than the bun.
- Lightly salt each patty and cook for 2-3 minutes on the first side.
- Flip the patties over and immediately place two slices of cheese on each one. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Assemble the burger in the following stacking order from the bottom up: Bottom bun, dressing, tomato, lettuce, beef patty with cheese, onion slice, beef patty with cheese, top bun.