Yeehaw Cowboy Bread
Homemade bread recipes never tasted so good as this fun Yeehaw Cowboy Bread. With simple simple ingredients and easy to follow directions, you'll want to make quick bread recipes like this one again and again.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter or shortening plus 1 tablespoon
- 1 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- Preheat oven 375 degrees F. Blend flour, sugar, salt and butter (shortening) together until crumb-like. Remove 1/2 cup and save for topping.
- Add to crumb mixture the baking powder, soda, cinnamon and nutmeg, mix thoroughly.
- Add buttermilk and eggs and mix until smooth.
- Pour into greased 9 x 13 pan. Sprinkle reserved crumbs over top of batter. Bake 20 minutes.