Sweet Potato and Zucchini Bread
What's even better than zucchini bread? This sweet potato and zucchini bread recipe, that's what. Perhaps the best zucchini bread recipe you'll find, this one balances sweet and savory flavors perfectly!
- Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Wrap in foil and let stand at room temperature before baking.
- For two smaller loaves, cook in 5 x 3 x 2 1/8-inch pan for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Learn how to freeze zucchini and get even more fantastic zucchini recipes in our article 15 Zippy Zucchini Recipes: How to Make Use of Summer's Bounty.
- For other great zucchini bread recipes, check out 11 Easy Zucchini Bread Recipes.
Cooking Time1 hr 20 min
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup grated zucchini
- 1 1/2 cup grated peeled sweet potato
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Butter and flour 9x5x3-inch loaf pan.
- Sift first 5 ingredients into medium bowl.
- Beat sugar, oil, eggs, and vanilla to blend in large bowl; mix in zucchini and sweet potato.
- Add dry ingredients and walnuts and stir well.
- Transfer batter to buttered and floured pan.
- Bake until tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 1 hour 20 minutes.
- Cool bread in pan on rack for 15 minutes. Cut around bread to loosen. Turn out onto rack and cool completely.
Read NextAmish Apple Bread