Summer Squash Cinnamon Streusel Bread
Combine sweet with savory for breakfast and you get a Summer Squash Cinnamon Streusel Bread! This bread is so delicious, you will undoubtedly pencil-in this breakfast for everyday on your summer calendar.
Cooking Time1 hr
- 2 cups (1 large or 2 medium) summer squash, shredded
- 14 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 4 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and spray two bread pans lightly with cooking spray.
- Beat butter and sugar until creamy. Stir in eggs and vanilla.
- Combine flour, baking soda, and salt; add to butter mixture, mixing until dry ingredients are just moistened. Fold in summer squash.
- For streusel, combine all ingreadients in a bowl until crumbly.
- Spoon half of squash batter into pans. Sprinkle w/ half of streusel. Add remaining squash batter on top, press down lightly, and sprinkle with remaining streusel.
- Bake 60 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes before removing.
Read NextAmish Apple Bread