Nutty Coconut Banana Bread
Bananas and coconut are two great foods that taste wonderful together. When combined with a healthy coconut oil and whole wheat flour, it transforms banana bread recipes into something healthy and extraordinary tasting.
Cooking Time55 min
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seed (optional)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup virgin coconut oil, melted (or you can use melted unsalted butter)
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup (about 3) very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shredded raw (unsweetened) coconut
- 1/2 cup raw chopped nuts: pecans, walnuts or almonds
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- In a mixing bowl, add the flours, flax seed, salt and baking powder. Stir with a whisk until combined. Set aside.
- In another mixing bowl, beat together the coconut oil (or butter) and brown sugar just until combined.
- Beat in the eggs and then the mashed bananas and vanilla. Add the flour mixture on low speed, mixing just until combined. Do not over mix.
- Gently fold in the shredded coconut and chopped nuts.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 50-55 minutes until golden on top.
- Cool the pan on a wire rack for about 10 minutes. Then turn out onto the rack and continue cooling.