Mocha Zucchini Bread
Hey coffee lovers, here's a zucchini bread recipe just for you! Mocha zucchini bread is a great tasting, moist snack that goes perfectly with your morning coffee. This zucchini recipe will not disappoint. Give it a try today!
For other great zucchini bread recipes check out 11 Easy Zucchini Bread Recipes.
Cooking Time1 hr
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee, dissolved in 1/4 c hot water
- 1 1/2 cup zucchini, grated
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Thoroughly grease a glass loaf pan. Sift dry ingredients together.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream shortening and sugar together.
- Add eggs to creamed mixture one at a time. dissolved instant coffee. Add zucchini. Mix in dry mixture by hand, just mixed. Do not overbeat.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake 50 minutes to an hour, until a tooth inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan on a cooling rack minutes, then turn out of pan onto rack to finish cooling.
- Serve slightly warm, spread with butter, cream cheese, or plain.
Read NextAmish Apple Bread