Almond Banana Bread
Almond Banana Bread delivers a homemade favorite with an added crunch. Nuts, spices and lemon peel are used to create a unique but easy banana bread recipe.
Variation: Banana-walnut or -pecan bread: Omit almonds. Add 3/4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts or pecans with bananas.
For more banana bread recipes, check out our 10 Moist Banana Bread Recipes and Baking Tips.
Cooking Time1 hr 5 min
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 cup ground almonds
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup mashed banana (4 medium bananas)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease 9 x 5 inch loaf pan.
- Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, ginger, allspice and nutmeg together in bowl.
- Add lemon peel and almonds. Stir until combined. Set aside.
- Beat butter in large mixing bowl until soft amd creamy.
- Beat in sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and beat until thoroughly blended.
- Beat in flour mixture alternately with bananas until mixture is well blended. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake in center of oven 1 hour to 1 hour 5 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on wire rack 10 minutes. Invert from pan and cool completely on rack.
Read NextCheesy Garlic Pull Apart Bread