Almond Cod with Peas
Pressure cooker recipes are great because they are quick and super easy. Whip up this tasty cod fish recipe for your next meal.
Cooking MethodPressure Cooker
- 1 pound frozen cod fillets
- 2 large cloves of garlic, cut in half
- 1/2 cup lightly packed parsley sprigs
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano sprigs or 1/2 teaspoon dry oregano
- 2 tablespoons almonds, slivered or sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup chicken broth or wine
- 10 ounces package frozen peas
- Remove fish from freezer and let stand at room temperature while preparing herb mixture.
- Put garlic, parsley, oregano, 1 tablespoon almonds and paprika in food processor. Chop with an on and off motion.
- Heat oil in a 4- or 6-quart Presto pressure cooker; brown remaining 1 tablespoon almonds in hot oil. Remove from cooker and drain on paper towels; set aside.
- Put chicken broth or wine in pressure cooker and stir in herb mixture. Place cooking rack or steamer basket in cooker. Cut fish into 4 even pieces and place on rack. Close cover securely. Place pressure regulator on vent pipe.
- Cook for 2 minutes, at 15 pounds pressure, with regulator rocking slowly. Cool cooker at once. Open and carefully remove fish, keep warm. Remove rack.
- Add frozen peas to cooker. Close cover securely. Place pressure regulator on vent pipe. Cook for 1 minute, at 15 pounds pressure, with regulator rocking slowly. Cool cooker at once.
- If desired, thicken mixture with 1 tablespoon cornstarch mixed with 1 tablespoon cold water. Pour peas into serving dish; place fish on top of peas. Sprinkle fish with browned almonds and serve.
Read Next10 Pressure Cooker Chicken Recipes