Matushka's Russian Chicken
It’s time to turn your dinner menu up a notch. Ditch that boring old chicken recipe and try out Matushka's Russian Chicken. This delicious chicken recipe will have you excited for dinner from the moment you wake up in the morning. Matushka’s Russian Chicken is an easy dinner recipe that can be ready in under an hour. This makes it a wonderful meal for busy weeknights. Simply mix up your sauce, pour it over the chicken, and throw the chicken into the oven. Forty five minutes later and you’ve got a mouthwatering dinner that the whole family will enjoy!
Matushka’s Russian Chicken is one of those recipes that you’ll always pull out on special occasions. Whether you’re celebrating an achievement at work or school, or looking to impress the in-laws, Matushka will always have your back. Your friends and family will be awed by your cooking skills once they try this dish. So what are you waiting for!
Be sure to ENTER TO WIN the Maverick WIFI Digital and Wireless Roasting Thermometer to use while making this recipe! Leave a comment on this page and you will receive a bonus entry. Plus, don't miss the grand prize giveaway including one of each prize featured in the 12 Days of Christmas in July!
Print out your own collection of chicken recipes with this free eCookbook, Chicken for Dinner: 24 Easy Peasy Simple Chicken Recipes.
The name for this dish comes from the “sauce” used in the dish, which is essentially a homemade Russian Dressing.
Cooking Time45 min
Cooking Vessel Size9 x 13 baking dish
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup finely diced celery
- 1/4 cup sweet pickle relish
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup canned fried onions (i.e. French's brand)
- chopped parsley
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Spray a 9 x 13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
Make the sauce by combining sour cream, ketchup, celery and relish in a bowl until well mixed. Place the chicken into the bake dish and pour the sauce over it.
Bake uncovered for 45 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
Top with the onions and parsley to serve.
- There is a maximum of one extra entry per person. The extra entry will be based upon a comment left on this post. Duplicate comments are not tallied.
- The winner will be selected at random from the comments on this page and the entries on the contest page.
- The winner will be contacted on the morning of August 1st, 2019.
- Email Address provided in their account (please do NOT leave your email address in the comments--you already provided it when you created your account)
- You have until July 31st, 2019 at 11:59pm EST to leave your comment on this post. Comments posted after that will not be counted.
- Contest open to anyone 18+ in US and/or Canada. Excludes Quebec and Puerto Rico.
What is your favorite piece of chicken to use in recipes?
Answer below to receive an extra entry to the contest!
Read NextDump and Bake Chicken Pot Pie