Picante Pork Chops
These snazzy and spicy Picante Pork Chops are just the thing to add vim and vigor to any dinner table. An easy pork chop recipe that proves you don't need a difficult recipe to produce a dish that's packed with flavor.
Cooking Time30 min
- 4 pork loin chops, 1-inch thick
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cans (14.5-ounce) cans stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (16-ounce) red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-ounce) whole kernel corn, drained
- 2/3 cup uncooked long-grain white rice
- 1/2 cup picante sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Sprinkle pork chops on both sides with salt and black pepper.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add pork chops and cook 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until browned; transfer to a platter.
- To the same skillet, add tomatoes, kidney beans, corn, rice, picante sauce, and chili powder; mix well and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Place pork chops in the tomato mixture; reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 20 minutes, or until chops are cooked through.
- Remove skillet from heat and allow to stand, covered, 5 minutes. Garnish with green onions and serve.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Join our community of 5 million cooks!
- Get free recipes, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use
Thank You for Signing Up!
There was an issue signing you up. Please check your email address, and try again.