Amish Apple Pie
This recipe is as American as apple pie. An all-time favorite great dessert recipe, apple pie is a delicious dessert delight. This decadent dessert is the perfect end to any meal. Celebrate life with this tasty pie recipe.
For more great apple recipes and tips on cooking and baking with apples, click here.
Did you enjoy this recipe? It was featured in a collection of more great Amish recipes. Check out, How To Make Amish Friendship Bread: Plus 10 Other Easy Amish Recipes!
- 1 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup plus 5 tablespoon flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, cold
- 1/2 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 4 large apples, McIntosh or Granny Smith (4 cups)
- 1 unbaked 10 inch pie shell
- 1 egg
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a food processor bowl, mix the streusel ingredients, 1/3 cup sugar, brown sugar, 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoon flour, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- Add the butter and process until the mixture is crumbly; it should still have a dry look to it -- don't over process. Add the nuts then set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Peel, core and thinly slice apples; there should be 4 cups. Place apples in the pie shell.
- In a small bowl, mix the remaining sugar, flour, and cinnamon. Beat the egg in a medium bowl, and add the cream and vanilla.
- Add the sugar mixture to the egg mixture and blend. Pour over the apples.
- Bake for 1 hour in the lower one-third of the oven. After 20 minutes, sprinkle streusel over the top and continue baking approximately 40 minutes longer, or until the top puffs and is golden brown.