One Skillet Vegetarian Lasagna
If you are looking for really great and easy one pot recipes this lasagna one is perfect. Lasagna recipes are a labor of love but one that is well worth it. This one-skillet lasagna gives you all the flavor without the fuss.
- 1 1/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1 1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup diced mushrooms
- 1 small green pepper, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 small zucchini, diced
- 1 (26-ounce) jar marinara sauce (about 3 cups)
- 6 to 8 oven ready whole wheat lasagna noodles
- Mix the ricotta, water, salt, Parmesan cheese, and 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese together. Set this aside.
- In a 12-inch skillet, heat the olive oil and saute the mushrooms, onions, green peppers, and zucchini together until tender.
- Add 2 cups pasta sauce and reduce the heat to medium-low.
- Top with 3 noodles, breaking to fill the edges. Spread the cheese mixture over the noodles.
- Top with the remaining noodles over the cheese. Pour the remaining sauce over and spread.
- Sprinkle with the remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Cover with a lid and simmer for 20 minutes, until the noodles are tender. Cool 5 minutes before serving.