Whole Wheat Pumpkin Walnut Pancakes with Cinnamon Syrup
These Whole Wheat Pumpkin Walnut Pancakes with Cinnamon Syrup are soft, moist, and fluffy with the added crunch of walnuts. Top these pumpkin pancakes with a delicious cinnamon syrup to really up the "wow" factor. This recipe serves about two but can be easily doubled.
Cinnamon Syrup recipe courtesy of Love to Cook.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup pumpkin
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Cinnamon Syrup:
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup water
- Whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Stir in the walnuts and set aside.
- Whisk the egg yolks, milk, pumpkin, and oil together. Set aside.
- Whip the egg whites until soft peaks form. Set aside.
- Mix the pumpkin mixture in with the dry ingredients. Stir just until combined. Gently fold in the egg whites until no white streaks remain.
- Pour 1/4 cup of batter onto a hot, greased griddle. When bubbles appear, flip and continue cooking.
- Stir the ingredients together in a small sauce pan and bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Boil for a few minutes and stir until it thickens.
- Remove from heat and set aside until needed.