Cinnamon Roll Waffles
Ordinary waffles are transformed into the extraordinary with this delicious breakfast recipe. When you top waffles with gooey buttery cinnamon sugar and a drizzle of cream cheese icing, your family will be begging you for more. You won't find waffle recipes this enticing anywhere else.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons corn meal
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs, separated
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- For the topping:
- 1/2 a stick of butter, very soft
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 ounce cream cheese (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Mix the very soft butter (almost melted, but not quite), brown sugar, and cinnamon together. Fill inside a 1 quart zipper bag. Set aside.
- Mix the powdered sugar, cream cheese, vanilla, and milk together. Fill inside another 1 quart zipper bag. Set aside.
- For the waffles, mix the flour, cornmeal, salt, and baking soda together. Stir with a whisk and set aside.
- Mix two egg yolks (save the whites in a small mixing bowl), buttermilk, and the melted butter together. Stir with a whisk and then pour it into the dry ingredients. Stir until combined.
- Beat the egg whites on medium-high speed until soft peaks form. Gently fold the egg whites into the waffle batter until no white streaks remain.
- In a preheated waffle iron, cook the correct amount of batter according to the time specified for your waffle maker.
- Snip a tiny corner off the zipper bags and drizzle the waffles with the cinnamon sugar mixture and then the icing.
Read NextNorth Carolina's Own Peach Jacks