If you've been on the lookout for a nice easy basic waffle recipe, your search is over! These buttermilk waffles are simple and delicious, so whip up a batch today and enjoy a tasty breakfast.
- 1 1/2 cup sifted flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 4 tablespoons melted shortening
- Sift flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda together.
- Beat egg yolks and add buttermilk and shortening.
- Add flour and beat with rotary beater until smooth.
- Fold in stiffly beaten egg whites.
- Bake in hot waffle iron according to your manufacturer's directions.