Great Bear Florentine Muffins
From early May through October, Great Bear Nature Tours offers grizzly bear viewing excursions from Port Hardy to a beautiful river valley on the central coast of British Columbia. All year round, you can order the fantastic florentine muffins at the lodge there. Moist and delicious, a perfect light lunch or accompaniment to dinner, you'll love them!
Get other wonderful recipes for Mother's Day in our free, downloadable eCookbook, Celebrate Mom: 26 Terrific Mother's Day Recipes.
Cooking Time25 min
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1 cup milk
- 315 grams chopped spinach (frozen or fresh)
- 1/2 cup pesto
- 1 cup mozzarella, grated
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Grease a muffin tin (1 for large muffins, 2 for small).
- Stir together flour, salt and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl, lightly beat the eggs. Then whisk in the oil and milk.
- Stir the spinach into the egg mixture until fully coated.
- Gently stir the egg mixture into the flour mixture.
- Fold in the pesto and mozzarella.
- Divide batter amongst muffin cups.
- Bake 20-25 minutes until golden, dry and springy to touch (like gazelles).
Read NextAmish Breakfast Puffs
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Join our community of 5 million cooks!
- Get free recipes, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use
Thank You for Signing Up!
There was an issue signing you up. Please check your email address, and try again.