Lebanese Baked Kibbee
- 1 pound (500 g) lean ground beef or lamb
- 1/2 cup fine- to medium-grade bulgar (crushed wheat)
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts or walnuts
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried mint
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Makes about 30 pieces.. Combine the meat, bulgar, onion, water, parsley, mint, allspice, pepper, and cinnamon in a food processor. Process until doughy. Preheat oven to 350F (175C). Lightly oil an 8 inch square baking dish or a 9 inch round baking dish. Pat half of the meat mixture into the pan. Sprinkle the nuts over the top. Then cover with the remaining meat. While still in the pan, cut the kibbe into 1 1/2 inch square or diamond shapes. Brush the peanut oil over the top. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until firm and browned well. Serve the kibbe from the pan or invert it onto a platter.
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
More from "Middle Eastern Recipes"
Middle Eastern Recipes
Check out this great collection of middle-eastern recipes. There are Arab favorites such as baba ghanouj, Lebanese fatoush, Moroccan couscous, and the ever-popular hummus and much more.