In the world of simple chicken recipes, this recipe is king. This tasty, low-fat chicken recipe is easy and flavorful. Use easy chicken recipes like this one to get lean protein and other nutrients into your diet.
- 2 large cloves garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups plain whole-milk yogurt
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice and lemon cup, 1 large lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 2 large whole chicken breasts, about 2 pounds
- Put the salt in a wide, shallow non-reactive bowl with the garlic and mash them to a paste. Add yogurt, lemon and pepper.
- Skin the chicken breasts, remove all fat and split the halves. Break the bones so the pieces lie flat.
- Add to the yogurt and turn so all surfaces are well-coated. Cover the bowl tightly and refrigerate. Allow to marinate at least overnight, up to a day and a half, turning occasionally.
- To cook, remove breasts from marinade and wipe off all but a thin film. Broil or grill about 6 inches from the heat for 6 to 8 minutes a side, or until thoroughly cooked. Serve with soft pita or Arab flatbread and fresh yogurt.