Armenian Potato Salad
Traditional boiled-potato-and-mayo potato salad can get a little bland - why not mix it up this summer with a taste of the Caucasus? Armenian Potato Salad is a unique and low-calorie alternative.
Goes well with roasted lamb, chicken or simple fish recipes.
- 3 red-skinned potatoes
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 1 green pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- salt, pepper and cayenne pepper to taste
1. Boil potatoes in their jackets until barely tender. When cool enough to handle but still warm, cut into generous bite-size pieces.
2. Place potatoes in a large salad bowl along with onion rings and green pepper; mix well. Add parsley and lemon juice; carefully toss again. Dribble oil over the vegetables and season to taste with salt, pepper and cayenne pepper; toss and set aside for several hours for salad ingredients to mellow. If refrigerated, bring to room temperature before serving.
Read NextAfghan Lamb Stew with Spinach