Quick Chicken Mole
Mole, made with unsweetened cocoa powder and other spices, is a classic of quick and easy Mexican dishes. This is one of the best quick easy meals out there. Chocolate and chicken makes for a classic flavor combination.
LIke this recipe? Be sure to download the Free 27 Simple Mexican Recipes eCookbook today!
- 2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 skinless boneless chicken breast halves, 1 pound total
- 4 1/2 ounces green chili peppers, diced and drained
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- Flour tortillas, optional
- Chopped tomato, optional
- Shredded lettuce, optional
- Toasted sliced almonds, optional
- Combine cocoa powder, chili powder, cumin, oregano, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a 1-1/2-quart microwave-safe casserole. Stir in tomato sauce, onion, and garlic.
- Microwave, covered, on 100 percent power (high) for 2 to 3 minutes or till mixture is bubbly around the edges, stirring once.
- Rinse chicken; pat dry. Cut into bite-size strips. Stir chicken and chili peppers into tomato sauce mixture.
- Cover; cook on high for 8 to 10 minutes or till chicken is tender and no longer pink, stirring evenly 3 minutes.
- Serve with hot cooked rice and warm tortillas, if desired. Garnish with tomato, lettuce, and toasted almonds, if desired.
Read NextOne-Minute Apple Crisp for One