Swedish Meatballs with Gravy
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
"Make Swedish meatballs at home. I don’t even remember if the meatballs I had in IKEA came with gravy. But today’s recipe certainly comes with a generous amount of delicious gravy. You can either toss some pasta with it or serve it with mashed potatoes. As for the meatballs, they are juicy, tender and uber flavorful. If you decide to get your hands in the raw meat, you might as well make a big batch of them. Cook them and then freeze them for later. Trust me – you’ll never have too many meatballs!"
NotesFor freezing, let the meatballs cool after baking. Transfer them into a Ziploc bag and place it into the freezer. Don't pour the gravy over the meatballs if you decide to freeze them.
Preparation Time20 min
Cooking Time20 min
- 2 slices white sandwich bread, without the crusts, torn into pieces
- 1⁄4 cup whole milk
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1 small red onion, very finely chopped
- 1 egg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
n a large mixing bowl, combine all meatball ingredients. Mix well with a spoon or fork. (We found that the most effective way is to use your hands.) Grab a small amount (about 2 tablespoons) of the meat mixture at a time, shape into meatballs, and place on a large plate or platter.
Preheat oven to 425˚F.
Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Gently place the meatballs in the skillet, making sure meatballs are not touching each other. (Do it in batches.) Brown all sides until the surface of the meatballs is no longer pink, about 5 minutes per batch. Transfer to a baking sheet lined with foil, leaving the meatball drippings in the skillet. Bake the meatballs for 10-15 minutes until they are thoroughly cooked through.
Meanwhile, make the gravy. Add 1 cup beef broth in the skillet. Let it simmer for 5 minutes while scraping off any bits from the bottom of the skillet with a spatula. Add the other cup of beef broth.
In a small bowl, mix the cornstarch with 2 tablespoon cold water until smooth. Whisk into the skillet, stirring constantly until the gravy is thickened slightly, about 3-5 minutes. Add the cream and season with garlic powder, salt and pepper.
Once the meatballs are done, transfer to a serving plate and pour the hot gravy over the meatballs. Sprinkle with parsley, serve over rice or noodles.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Recipe of the Day
Take that box of lemon cake mix to the next level with this Easy Lemon Pudding Cake! It's a delicious and simple cake recipe that uses… Continue reading: "Easy Lemon Pudding Cakevideocam"
- Copycat Cracker Barrel Meatloaf Recipe
- Steak and Potato Pie
- Smothered Steak Skillet Dinner
- Blue Ribbon Meatloaf
- Oven-Braised Swiss Steak
- Cream Cheese Bacon Puff Pastry Appetizer
- Salisbury Steak with Mushroom Gravy
- Baked Pork Chops And Gravy
- Baked Chicken Ranch Taquitos
- Traeger Poutine With Beef Tips
- 12 of Our Best Anytime Soup Recipes
- 14 Restaurant-Style Country Recipes eCookbook
- 17 Effortless Recipes With Cake Mix
- 22 Valentines Day Dessert Recipes eCookbook
- 24 Must-Have Meatloaf Recipes
- 25 Stupidly Easy Recipes for Fall
- 28 Simple Slow Cooker Suppers
- 30 Minute Recipes: 21 Quick & Easy Meals - Free eCookbook
- 38 Best Soup and Hearty Stews Recipes
- Chicken for Dinner: 24 Easy Peasy Simple Chicken Recipes