Braised Fullblood Wagyu Shank With Ricotta Gnocchi
"Braised Fullblood Wagyu Shank with Ricotta Gnocchi: This braised Fullblood Wagyu shank in a smoky tomato sauce with ricotta gnocchi impresses the palate and warms the soul. With eight servings, this hearty dish is perfect for the whole family! Try this recipe for your next meal! Please see Double 8 Cattle Company Recipes for more and those similar to this recipe. You can also follow us on Instagram and Twitter for new delicious recipes that will impress any palate. "
Preparation Time1 hr 30 min
Cooking Time9 hr
Cooking MethodSlow Cooker
- 3 Double 8 Cattle Company Fullblood Wagyu Shank
- 16 ounces Pomi Brand Italian Tomatoes
- 1 cup Chipotle in Adobo (puréed in blender)
- 1 cup Sun-Dried Tomatoes (packed in oil)
- 4 SPRIG Fresh Thyme
- 3 Carrots (peeled and medium diced)
- 3 STALK Celery (medium diced)
- 1 Leek (medium diced)
- 1 Large Yellow Onion (medium diced)
- 8 Garlic Cloves (smashed)
Pull the Fullblood Wagyu beef shanks from the freezer, and place them in the refrigerator (to thaw) 24 hours before starting this recipe.
Heat a large stainless steel sauté pan over medium-high heat.
Add in enough grapeseed oil to coat the bottom of the pan.
Sprinkle the Fullblood Wagyu beef shanks with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Once the oil is hot, sear off the beef shanks for 3 minutes per side or until they have deep caramelization.
Once you’ve seared all three beef shanks on both sides, place them into the crock pot.