Cheddar Vegetable Lasagna
Everyone knows the best way to enjoy veggies is covered in cheese! This Cheddar Vegetable Lasagna has something for everyone. Mushrooms, carrots, spinach, and sharp Cheddar cheese make this one of the tastiest veggie lasagna recipes around.
- 1/2 pound mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 4 cups carrots, shredded
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- pepper, to taste
- 9 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 12 ounces shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 16 ounces cream-style cottage cheese
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed, well drained
- 1 ounce parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Saute mushrooms in 1 tablespoon of butter or margarine until tender; remove from skillet.
- Saute carrots and onions in remaining 3 tablespoons of butter or margarine for 5 minutes or until carrots are tender.
- Reduce heat to medium. Blend in flour. Gradually add milk. Cook, stirring constantly, until thickened. Stir in mushrooms.
- For first layer, arrange three noodles in bottom of greased 13 x 9 inch baking dish. Top with half the Cheddar cheese and half the vegetable mixture. Cover vegetable mixture with three noodles and combined cottage cheese and spinach. Repeat first layer. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake 30 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley. Let stand 10 minutes.
Read NextLazy Day Lasagna
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Join our community of 5 million cooks!
- Get free recipes, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use
Thank You for Signing Up!
There was an issue signing you up. Please check your email address, and try again.