Shrimp and Avocado Salad
Creamy avocado is a delicious addition to this classic shrimp salad. Serve this refreshing dish by itself, on your favorite rolls or bread or on a lettuce salad. This is a great make-ahead recipe for a picnic or party.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 pound shrimp
- 1 cup Miracle Whip
- 2 tablespoons Heinz chili sauce (or your favorite bottled chili sauce)
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Tabasco sauce
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives
- Cook and cube shrimp. Whisk together first 3 ingredients until well blended.
- Add to shrimp, toss thoroughly, cover and marinate. Meanwhile, whisk Miracle Whip, chili sauce, garlic, Tabasco, salt and pepper until smooth. Set aside.
- Cube avocado; sprinkle with lemon juice. Drain shrimp. Add avocado, dill and chives and toss lightly. Fold in enough Miracle Whip to coat lightly. Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Cover and chill until ready to serve. Divide salad among chilled plates.
Read NextOur 8 Favorite Heinz Recipes