Saucy Aloha Chicken Wings
These aloha chicken wings bring Hawaiian flavor straight to your table. The spicy seasoning mixes with the sweetness of the pineapple for a delicious sauce that can't be beat. These are great as a party appetizer or as a quick meal.
Like this appetizer recipe and want more? Download the 39 Appetizers and Party Pleasers free eCookbook!
Cooking Time45 min
Cooking MethodSlow Cooker
- 25 chicken wings
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 20 ounces can crushed pineapple
- 1 cup Heinz ketchup (or your favorite brand)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Have butcher cut wings at joints into 3 pieces. Discard bony end of wing tip or reserve for another use (such as soup).
- Arrange remaining chicken parts in single layer in well-oiled baking pans. Prick skin with fork.
- Combine vinegar, garlic salt, onion powder, ginger and paprika to make a baste; brush over chicken. Bake 30 minutes. Turn once.
- Combine pineapple and juice with ketchup, brown sugar, and soy sauce. Spoon sauce over wings. Continue roasting 15 minutes more, or until done. Remove wings to serving platter. Serve immediately or until serving time. Wings may be reheated in oven or over hot coals on a grill.