Pretzel sticks, white chocolate and fruit leather are ready to fly in this fun, easy Halloween recipe for Broomsticks!
Fruit by the Foot is pliable and will mold into different shapes. Here, green sections of the tie-dyed Fruit by the Foot were used.
See this recipe and more in 41 Halloween Party Food Recipes.
Preparation Time10 min
- 1 (10-ounce) package large pretzel rods
- 2 (4-ounce) bars of white chocolate
- 1 box Betty Crocker Fruit by the Foot Variety pack (contains 6 rolls, 0.75-ounce each)
- Using a microwave-safe container, place chocolate in microwave at medium (50 percent) power for 1 to 11/2 minutes. Remove and stir. If not melted, return to microwave and repeat heating step, stirring every 30 seconds to prevent scorching.
- Dip pretzels in melted chocolate. Place on wax paper to dry. (Optional: Remove 1/4 cup of the melted chocolate and mix with a small amount of orange food coloring; stir thoroughly. Using a tablespoon, pour a thin line of orange icing back and forth over the white chocolate-dipped sticks).
- Unwrap a Fruit by the Foot roll. Cut off a 1-inch piece, fray the ends with kitchen scissors, wrap around the bottom of the pretzel. Wrap tightly and squeeze to adhere. Makes 12 broomsticks.