Grilled Fish with Garlic Beurre Rouge
- 1/2 cup olive oil, green fruity variety
- 5 tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 4 cloves garlic, slivered
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 6 pieces grouper, or other firm fish
- 4 ounces butter, unsalted
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
- 2 small green chili pepper, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 pound tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- lemon wedges and cilantro sprigs
Mix together olive oil, 4 tablespoons lemon juice, slivered garlic, 1/4 cup chopped cilantro, salt and pepper. Add fish fillets and marinate for at least one hour or as long as overnight. To prepare garlic beurre rouge: In a frying pan over medium heat, melt two tablespoons butter and saute onion, chilies, and minced garlic until soft, stirring often. Add tomatoes and remaining lemon juice. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and season to taste. Stir in 1/4 cup chopped cilantro. Slowly stir in remaining butter until melted. Drain marinade from fish. Barbecue fillets over low glowing coals (or broil if desired), turning only once. Be careful not to overcook. Remove to a warm serving platter and top with garlic beurre rouge. Garnish with lemon slices and cilantro sprigs.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Join our community of 5 million cooks!
- Get free recipes, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use