Greek Homestyle Chicken
- 4 pieces boneless, skinless chicken breasts or cut up chicken pieces
- juice of 2 lemons
- 4 or 5 potatoes, peeled and sliced french-fry style
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 to 1 cup water
- one head garlic, the cloves peeled but whole
- oregano, salt, and pepper to taste
Place chicken in a shallow baking tray. Arrange potatoes around chicken pieces. Scatter whole peeled cloves of garlic around chicken and potatoes. Mix together lemon juice and olive oil, and pour evenly over chicken and potatoes. Add water until potatoes are just about covered. Add salt, pepper to taste. Cover chicken and pototoes with generous amounts of oregano. Bake at 350 degrees, until tops of chicken are reddish brown. Turn chicken, stir potatoes, and sprinkle on more oregano. If potatoes aren't at least half-covered with liquid, add water. Return to oven for about 15-20 minutes. Chicken is done when both sides a lightly browned and potatoes are soft when touched with a fork. Serve with a crusty bread, or with pita bread.
Read NextChicken Gyros Recipe
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Join our community of 5 million cooks!
- Get free recipes, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use