The Whole Hog Cookbook Review
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
"I rarely find myself as engrossed with a cookbook as I was flipping through The Whole Hog Cookbook by Libbie Summers. I love the attention to detail for all aspects of the pig. The book is laid out by cut, with easy-to-read recipes that covers a wide varieties of flavors available from single cuts of pork. Plus, each section includes unbelievable color photos and great preparation tutorials. To top it all off, I just loved how much Libbie's personality shines through this book.
The recipes are interspersed with stories and tips from the author that add the right amount of flair to everything. Even non-pig eaters will get caught up in the author's recipes and storytelling. For the best pork cookbook I have seen, get The Whole Hog Cookbook by Libbie Summers."
"Pig out with Libbie Summers The Whole Hog Cookbook. Not wasting a single part of the pig she demonstrates and devotes herself to creating masterful recipes from our four legged farm friend. From the basic pork chop to a whole chapter reserved just for bacon, there is a recipe for every meal of the day. The chapters are divided according to cuts and portions of the pig, such as the loin , the shoulder, all the way down to the legs.
Wonderfully written, and bringing every recipe from the heart and the family, Summers proudly displays her art with pictures that speak louder than her words. Summers' best asset is taking our favorite comfort foods and transforming them into new eclectic, flavorful dishes. With a powerful foreword by Paula Deen, don't skip a page and make it a part of your cookbook collection."
"I own a lot of cookbooks and have read even more than that, and I've never seen such a unique idea as The Whole Hog Cookbook, by Libbie Summers. Each chapter is divided up by the primal "cut" of the hog itself, like Loin, Shoulder, Bacon, Spare Ribs... and so on. What an idea! Summers has managed to make every aspect of cooking with pork interesting, demonstrating not only her extreme knowledge of this animal and how to use it, but also her respect for it. From the ever appropriate forward by Paula Deen, to the words from Summers herself, I was drawn into this cookbook like it was more a regular book than a tool for cooking.
Throw in all the delicious and amazing recipes you'll find, the intimate and beautiful photos of Summers on her farm, to the striking how-to photo shoots and this cookbook has it all. I'd recommend this cookbook to anyone who enjoys cooking and learning about your food; because this cookbook goes beyond just giving you recipes, it tells a story."
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Recipe of the Day
This Cheesy One Pot Hamburger Casserole is one of those easy weeknight meals you can make in a hurry when you have hungry mouths to… Continue reading: "Cheesy One Pot Hamburger Casserolevideocam"
- RecipeLion's 103 Cookbooks
- Retro Recipes from the ‘50s and ‘60s: 103 Vintage Appetizers, Dinners, and Drinks Everyone Will Love
- RecipeLion's Dinner and Cookie Cookbooks
- Easy Chicken Recipes: 103 Inventive Soups, Salads, Casseroles, and Dinners Everyone Will Love
- Homemade Soup Recipes: 103 Easy Recipes for Soups, Stews, Chilis, and Chowders Everyone Will Love
- Everyday Dinner Ideas: 103 Easy Recipes for Chicken, Pasta, and Other Dishes Everyone Will Love RecipeLion Cookbook
- Family Favorite Casserole Recipes: 103 Comforting Breakfast Casseroles, Dinner Ideas, and Desserts Everyone Will Love RecipeLion Cookbook
- Easy Cookie Recipes: 103 Best Recipes for Chocolate Chip Cookies, Cake-Mix Creations, Bars, and Holiday Treats Everyone Will Love RecipeLion Cookbook
- Addie's 4th of July Survival Guide eBook
- Essential Slow Cooker Recipes: 103 Fuss-Free Slow Cooker Meals Everyone Will Love
Our Newest Recipes & Articles
- Shaved Fennel Salad With Apples
- Soup Maker Cauliflower Soup
- Watermelon Granita
- The Back Seater Cocktail
- Instant Pot Thai Red Chicken Curry
- Black Bean And Salsa Soup
- Twix Hot Cocoa Bombs
- Mini Quiche Lorraine Recipe
- Copycat Johnny Rockets Original Single Burger
- Ham And Egg Casserole Recipe
- 12 of Our Best Anytime Soup Recipes
- 14 Restaurant-Style Country Recipes eCookbook
- 17 Effortless Recipes With Cake Mix
- 22 Valentines Day Dessert Recipes eCookbook
- 24 Must-Have Meatloaf Recipes
- 25 Stupidly Easy Recipes for Fall
- 28 Simple Slow Cooker Suppers
- 30 Minute Recipes: 21 Quick & Easy Meals - Free eCookbook
- 38 Best Soup and Hearty Stews Recipes
- Chicken for Dinner: 24 Easy Peasy Simple Chicken Recipes