Crunchy Cornmeal Oven-Fried Fish
Put some crunch in your lunch (or dinner) with this yummy Crunchy Cornmeal Oven-Fried Fish! Quick to make and even quicker to devour, this easy recipe pairs well with nearly any side dish.
- 1 pound fresh orange roughy, or other whitefish fillets
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- In a shallow dish, combine flour, salt and lemon pepper and set aside.
- Beat egg white until frothy and set aside.
- Combine bread crumbs, cornmeal, lemon peel and basil.
- Dip one side only of fish fillets into flour mixture, shaking off excess. Dip into egg white, then coat with bread crumbs.
- Spray a shallow baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place fillets in baking pan coating side up, tucking under any thin edges.
- Bake in a 450 degree F oven 6 - 12 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
More from "Fish"
We're cookin' up one of these fish recipes for dinner tonight! From baked fish recipes to grilled fish recipes and more, we've got some of the best easy fish recipes using cod, tuna, salmon, catfish, and more.
There are no records