Scalloped Eggs and Bacon
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 Tbsp butter or margarine
- 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup shredded American cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 6 hard-cooked eggs, sliced
- 10 to 12 slices bacon, crisp cooked and crumbled
- 1 1/2 cup crushed potato chips
Cook onion in butter till tender but not brown. Stir in flour. Add milk all at once. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes more. Add cheeses; stir till melted. Place half of the sliced eggs in the bottom of a 10x6x2 inch baking dish; pour half of the cheese sauce over. Sprinkle with half of the crumbled bacon and half of the crushed potato chips. Repeat layers. Bake in a 350F oven for 15 to 20 minutes. Makes 6 servings.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
More from "Egg Recipes"
Hundreds of quick and easy egg recipes and recipes using egg, including deviled egg recipes, egg salad recipes, egg dish recipes and recipes with egg whites.