Preparation Time10 min
Cooking Time30 min
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 2 small red or green bell peppers, cut into strips (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 cup red onion strips
- 1/3 cup sliced green onion
- 6 smll red-skinned potatoes, thinly sliced (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 4 egg whites
- 1 large egg or 2 1/2 ounces egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons skim milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Fresh parsley sprigs for garnish
- Preheat the broiler. In a 9 or 10-inch nonstick, heat-proof skillet, heat 1 teaspoon of oil over medium heat.
- Add bell peppers and red and green onion; saute until vegetables begin to soften, about 4 minutes.
- Add potatoes; cook until lightly browned, about 4 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together egg whites, egg, milk, and salt. Add remaining oil to skillet and reduce heat to low.
- Pour in egg mixture. Cover and cook until eggs are set around edges but center is still loose, about 8 minutes.
- Using a rubber spatula, gently loosen egg mixture from sides of pan. Place skillet on the broiler rack; broil 4 inches from heat until frittata is golden brown, about 1 minute.
- Gently slide frittata onto a plate; cut into wedges. Garnish with parsley sprigs and serve.
Read NextBacon Potato Quiche Casserole