Barney Greengrass Lox, Eggs and Onions
Is this an Irish recipe or just a tasty homemade treat? It's up to you to decide! This Barney Greengrass Lox, Eggs and Onions has few ingredients and is so simple to make that you'll need to try it.
If you're looking for other fun recipes with 5 or fewer ingredients, check out our collection of 14 Fun Recipes with 5 Ingredients or Less
Preparation Time10 min
Cooking Time40 min
- 3 Spanish onions sliced in rounds
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 8 lg eggs
- 1/2 cup lox
- Saute the onions slowly in the oil in a frying pan with a cover. When the onions start to soften, cover, reduce the heat to low, and cook for 1/2 hour, until the onions are very soft.
- Remove the cover and continue cooking til golden. This way you do not need lots of oil.
- Beat the eggs well in a bowl. Pour over the onions. Cook slowly, stirring well.
- Cover for about 10 minutes. Just before the eggs have set, add the lox, and cook until just set.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
More from "Egg Recipes"
Hundreds of quick and easy egg recipes and recipes using egg, including deviled egg recipes, egg salad recipes, egg dish recipes and recipes with egg whites.
There are no records