Chocolate Pudding Mix
Instead of grabbing pudding mix from the grocery store, make your own Chocolate Pudding Mix with natural ingredients you already have in your kitchen. It's really easy to make because you just have to mix the ingredients together. That's really it. The fun part comes when you use the mix. You could make plain chocolate pudding, which is a simple yet delicious treat, or you could use the mix in a more complex dessert. The choice is up to you!
- Stir the mix in the canister before measuring out 2/3 c of the mix into a suacepan.
- Add 2 cups milk and cook over low heat, stirring, until mixture thickens and comes to a boil.
- Continue stirring for 1 minute, remove from heat and pour into individual serving dishes.
- Pudding will thicken further as it cools.
Variation: Cook as directed but add 1 tsp. vanilla extract and 1 teaspoon butter as it cooks. For a chocolate mocha flavor, add 1 tsp. instant coffe to the pudding mix before cooking.
- 2 1/2 c instant nonfat dry milk
- 5 c sugar
- 3 c cornstarch
- 1 ts salt
- 1 1/2 c unsweetened cocoa
Mix all the ingredients until they are well blended. Store in a tightly covered container.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Recipes
More from "Dry Mixes"
Create your own dry mixes for dips or baking with our extensive selection of quick and easy recipes.